Wednesday, March 18, 2009

03/18/09 Spring Break 2009

A sure sign of spring in my backyard during spring break last week

After a warm near record "spring fling" over the last few days I figured I'd post some (spring) photos from last week while I was home. Spring Break 2009 didn't really feel like a spring break for myself with piles of work ahead of me and no planned trip to any of the many spring break destinations. The only thing that resembled spring break was the weather surprisingly. Last year, it was near 60 and yet again this year back in my hometown of Kewanee, IL it reached 60 for a couple of days. This felt good after a long northern Illinois winter. I also got to storm chase twice last week which usually never happens as usually the weather pattern is dull during that week every year it seems. What I did accomplish during the albeit brief break was experiment some more with my new macro-lens from Christmas. Ah...I'm beginning to like this lens more and more. There are just so many uses for this lens I'm finding...

One of our cats (macro-lens)

Over the next few weeks I'll be busy with projects and what not...the weather pattern is showing more signs of some severe weather scenarios especially early next week. Who knows maybe I'll find someway to storm chase yet again this month...ya never know...