Friday, May 28, 2010

05/20/10 Spring: 2010

A spring sunset in the western horizon
outside Kewanee, IL

Gosh, it has been quite awhile since I last "blogged" on here. I'm definitely not used to this adjustment from a year ago when I had all the time in the world to chase storms. Anyhow, where should I begin? Well, even though I haven't posted in awhile I sure have been doing lots of photography over the last month or two. Unfortunately I just haven't had the time to sit down edit hundreds of photos thanks to many long hours/days. So today, I got a much needed break to try to catch-up on my own personal "work-load". I figured I'd add some of my favorite photos I've taken this spring around the local-area. I've had a huge folder I've kept adding to for the last couple of months and well I finally determined it was time to put some of the photos up on my blog. Hard to believe it's nearly summer already! In terms of the weather and my chasing travels I was able to photograph a funnel cloud in the yard this past Friday which was a nice treat and unexpected per say. I than later spent this past Monday traveling to western Nebraska to chase some supercells along the dryline. Both events I'll post in future blog posts...I must say though Monday's chase was great and my best this spring by far! Monday featured everything but a tornado on that chase, but it was a photographers dream of a chase. Why? Well, the storms were incredibly photogenic along the dryline something I've been missing this year. It's not all about bagging tornadoes folks...yes that's the #1 priority when chasing supercells, but storm structure is just as good for most of us...I've added my Spring 2010 photos below:

Tulips in bloom in Peoria, IL
Altgeld Hall at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, IL
(Alumni)

A rabbit I found wandering around while I
was photographing some distant convection

Goose enjoying the spring weather...
While attending school here I made quite an effort on campus
to capture winter, fall, and spring scenes every year

My trouble-maker of a cat looking for a "snack"
One of our goats getting a sun-tan
Blue flowers blooming in our yard
Finch (Canon telephoto-zoom lens)
Ghostly foggy path...
(dense fog a few days ago)
Dense fog...ya I'd say...
Ya, I thought this was pretty cool
couldn't be happier with the results

Luigi, trying to get into more trouble
More blooms (macro-lens)
Foggy start to a spring morning
More fog, but starting to "lift" at this point

Hey, the couplets are green & red I'm chasing so why not? ;)
Look hard enough and you can find some good
photo-ops come spring (macro-lens)

Dense fog starting to "burn-off"

That's all for my spring post...I'll be posting some chase accounts in the coming days when I get some more much needed free-time. Stay tuned.