Thursday, August 26, 2010

08/24/10 Summer Sunsets

Frontal passage (FROPA) providing a beautiful
sunset
looking west toward Kewanee, IL
with my
very own silhouette (foreground)

Tuesday night, provided a beautiful late-summer sunset in the western horizon. The weather has been rather tame over the last few weeks here in Kewanee, IL so I decided to pull out the Canon T1i DSLR once again the other night and do some photography-work. Here are a few photos from Tuesday night and also over the past few weeks of a couple sunsets that caught my eye in this rather quiet weather pattern below:

My favorite shot of the evening...
Gorgeous late-summer/early fall sunset...
A local farmhouse here and some alto-cumulus at sunset
Our backyard soybean field full of magnificent colors
I achieved this photo by moving my arms just a little bit here
which gave this "ghostly silhouette" of myself
(Heck, kind of looks spiritual don't it?)

Hometown water tower (left) as the
sun dips below the horizon

Amazing post-frontal alto-cumulus cloud deck
Cirrus clouds providing a colorful sunset on August 16th...
Sun rays near sunset...(August 14th)

Well that's about all for now I may update with a future post including photos from this summer in the coming weeks. I'm planning on posting fall photos once again this year in the next couple months as pretty much the chasing season has come to an end. I'll still hold some hope for a late-fall chase and if that does not come to fruition well than it's time to get ready for the cold season. In other words, prepare for next spring and dream of monster supercells when it's -20°F outside. Got to love the good ole' Midwest!