Sunday, May 15, 2011

05/07/11 Spring: 2011

Spring flowers in bloom signifying the
change in season over the last month in Peoria, IL...


Over the Easter holiday and over the past few weeks I've done some spring photography in my hometown of Kewanee, IL and locally here in Peoria, IL. I haven't posted in nearly a month on here unfortunately. The main reason is the Deep South "stole" a lot of the tornadoes in the past few weeks seen here and once that system passed the synoptic weather pattern has been a real "bust" for myself and many chasers and photographers. Therefore, I haven't posted any storm chasing accounts or what not. Oh well, the pattern will be more "favorable" soon enough at least I hope...I did manage to use this "down-time" to purchase a new chase vehicle and get it all equipped for the next few weeks. It's all about using your time wisely when the weather pattern doesn't cooperate.

Guess the Easter bunny arrived a few weeks ago eh?
Dew forms when the temperature drops to the dew point in the
early morning resulting in atmospheric water condensing

into water droplets seen above (macro-lens)

Peach tree showing off some of its spring blooms...
Spring, always features those annoying
dandelions in your front yard...

Spring colors providing a nice back-drop
for this fountain in Peoria, IL

An American Goldfinch...
(Canon telephoto-zoom lens (300-700mm))

Maybe my favorite (spring 2011) shot at a local cemetery...
More Easter eggs...a sure sign of spring
on your calendar every year!

I'm not a religious person by any means, but hey
I thought this was a pretty cool statue though...

Cherry tree in bloom (above)
Pretty cool what you can do with a macro-lens
in spring and winter...

Spring colors...
Apple tree in bloom here...
A typical dandelion
Another Peach tree showing off its spring color...
A row of blooming Apple trees...
Flowers are not the only things colorful
during the Easter holiday...


That's all for this post...We should have some chase opportunities coming up over the next few weeks so hopefully I'll be posting a lot more frequently in the coming weeks...Stay tuned.