Tuesday, March 13, 2012

03/13/12 A Foggy Spring Morning

A beautiful March sunrise on a foggy
landscape outside Peoria, IL...

This morning, I ventured outside to capture some images of some shallow dense fog that developed overnight. The fog was beginning to burn-off already by 8:00A.M. when I headed outside to shoot some photos of the foggy landscape. It was a beautiful start to the day that felt very spring-like with temperatures already nearing 60°F on a mid-March morning. I enjoyed a nice walk with my Canon 7D in hand and found a few of my favorite locations along the apartment complex. I shot a good handful of photos for about an hour or so and later called it a morning as the fog lifted. Today, was a beautiful day with highs above 70°F! I've posted several photos I shot this morning below:

The sun rises on a foggy landscape on the
outskirts of Peoria, IL
More fog under deep-blue skies...
A beautiful early spring scene!
A sure sign of spring right?!
An even better sign of spring?!
A ghostly fog along this open field...
Another beautiful shot!
Some very dense fog here!
Rockin' Robin!
Another ghostly scene!
Fog can be quite photogenic especially if you catch
it burning-off at the right time...

A foggy reflection...
This was another great angle!
The apartment complex...
Another good one!
A field of fog...

Well, that is all for now. It looks like this crazy nearly summer-like pattern will hold strong into next week so enjoy it since it is mid-March after all. It appears we still might have some "chasing" opportunities sometime next week for myself. We all know how quick that can change though, but it would be nice to get out and test the equipment since I have several new "toys" this year. Their is no doubt I will be keeping a watchful eye on the numerical weather models for upcoming chase opportunities however. Stay tuned.