Sunday, May 7, 2017

03/13/17 March Snowstorm

A March winter storm takes aim on Peoria, IL

Last March, a snowstorm ended up dropping accumulating snow in central Illinois including Peoria, IL. After a mild February and winter this surprise snowstorm caught some of the migrating wildlife in the area off guard. On this day, I ended up taking a few shots with my Canon 5D Mark III and Tamron 150-600mm G2 telephoto-zoom lens at Charter Oak Park of some wildlife amidst the snowfall. I've added a few photos from the day below:

Charter Oak Park a few miles down the road...
 "Rockin' Robin"
 "Snowflakes keep fallin' on my head"
 "Hanging on to spring barely"
 "Say it ain't snow"?
 The robins were a tad confused...
 A squirrel having a snack!
"Snow really?" My thoughts exactly!
A snowy day!
Robin trying to stay warm...
Amazing how sharp the results are using the Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens!
"Peak-a-boo"
Winter barely hanging on...
"Should I stay or should I go"?

That wraps up this post. I ended up heading to Wildlife Prairie Park on April 2nd and photographed some of the wildlife and animals at the park. I'll be posting those pictures in another post in the coming days.