Sunday, May 11, 2008

05/10/08 Spring Blooms on Campus

Altgeld Hall

All across campus spring has finally bloomed after Dekalb was hit hard with a very white and cold winter that hasn't been experienced in quite some time. The plants and trees seem to be enjoying the spring-like weather as much as Dekalb residents and students on campus.

Castle Drive
Holmes Student Center
Swen Parson Hall
A goose trying to decide if I'm going to dive into the East Lagoon. You first buddy!

Well that's all for the spring pics around Dekalb since the weather hasn't cooperated recently since it's been cloudy and wet. Stay tuned for more updates. I'll be in Florida in about a week and will post some pics from Sarasota, FL when I get back. What a nice vacation it will be after a long and hard-working semester. Hopefully the "nice convection" will hold off till I get back for some local chasing and some chasing out in the plains. Crossing my fingers on that one! Good luck to all my fellow chasers in the next few weeks as they organize in the Great Plains!