Tuesday, May 5, 2009

05/05/09 Spring: 2009

Daffodils in bloom outside Altgeld Hall

Well, over the past few weeks I've collected some more spring photos. So how bout one more post before endless storm chasing begins over the next few months. Here's some that I've grabbed recently on campus at Northern Illinois University and in my hometown of Kewanee, IL. Here's Part II of my Spring 09 post:

Holmes Student Center (left)
Cherry trees and Apple trees usually bloom white in the spring
The second stage to a Cherry tree which blooms pink seen here outside Still Hall
One of our many fountains in the backyard
Holmes Student Center yet again during finals week
These are my favorite shots no matter if it's spring or fall
Altgeld Hall getting some "spring maintenance"
Another flower (macro-lens)
Davis Hall as the fountains our turned back on after being dormant since last fall
Holmes Student Center looking "battle-red"
Outside Founders Memorial Library
Early morning dew collecting on some tall-grass prairie (macro-lens)
Cumulus (CU) over campus during a spring day
I wouldn't want to step on this...(ouch) (macro-lens)
Fountain outside Neptune Hall is turned back on signifying the start of spring
Flower (macro-lens)
More flowers...(macro-lens)
More and more of the same that can be found just about anywhere if you look close enough
Very easy to get these results with a macro-lens
These are growing wild in our yard at home (macro-lens)
White flower (macro-lens)

So another semester ends which means graduation for myself and a couple of months of endless storm chasing. Hopefully, the pattern will cooperate as so far this year has been an "average" tornado year. Stay tuned for the stories from my own personal storm chases in the coming weeks and you can even track me LIVE and view the stream at my website TornadoVortex.net.