Saturday, December 5, 2009

12/05/09 Our Christmas Holiday Light Show

Tis' the season...Happy Holidays 2009

Well, since the holidays are soon upon us...I figured I'd put a Christmas post together. Here are some photos I took around the house and of my holiday light display that I put together on the house this year. This was my first time doing such a task and well I think it turned out quite well with careful planning. I actually synced the light strands to a device that you can purchase that comes with traditional Christmas songs. You basically plug in the light-strands and the device does all the rest for you. All you have to do is carefully plan what light strands you want illuminated at certain times and on what musical notes. Pretty cool what you can do with technology these days! Here are some photos of my 2009 Christmas holiday light show below:

This is a fountain in the spring and summer, but it resembles a
Christmas tree thus led the idea of turning it into a outdoor wannabe
Christmas tree in the front lawn
Traditional multi-color strand of lights
Icicle lights strung along this outdoor railing
Christmas "presents" all lit up
Run, run, Rudolph...
The Christmas tree with blue rope lights
wrapped around outdoor pillars (background)
Lights strung all along this fence enclosure
Snowflakes yet again giving the appearance
as if snow was falling overhead

Polar bear Christmas light display
Wide-angle shot of the strung lights wrapped in garland
Outdoor blue Christmas tree (rope-lighting)
Presents as Christmas light displays?...yep they do exist...
Wide-angle view (front of the house)
Big fan of icicle lights...
Mom's Christmas tree that went up this year...

I added a short YouTube clip of the holiday display in-action (above)

If I find some time over the next few weeks I may add another post with some local displays in Kewanee, IL and the Festival of Lights holiday light show in East Peoria, IL. Stay tuned...