Wednesday, August 3, 2011

07/18/11 Summer: 2011 Part II


Summer rains in Kewanee, IL creating
some picturesque photography...

Over the last few weeks I've done some photography in the area mostly in my hometown of Kewanee, IL testing out my new Canon 7D. I decided it was time to post a few of my photos that I considered were "post worthy" on here. Some of the photos I have taken in the last few weeks can be found below:

The sun sets on our pool enclosure creating
a pretty cool effect with the setting sun...

A tree frog I found in the backyard bout to
take a dip in this fountain...

This year I was finally able to photograph the local
crop-dusters in rural-Stark County, IL

A favorite for local butterfly's in the area
(macro-lens)

The approach...
Now that's an action shot!
And another...
Close-up shot! (Looks like I'll have to
attend an airshow in the next year or so...
)
One last photo maybe a few feet off the ground...
Summer is full of colors!
Maybe one of my favorites in this bunch of photos...
One last photo of some summer
flowers in the backyard


I must say I'm very impressed with the Canon 7D and it's sure to be worth the investment for many years to come. I'll post a few photos over the last week or two as well of some convection and even a local storm chase about a week ago in northern Illinois. Check back in the near future...