Wednesday, July 13, 2011

07/13/11 Summer: 2011

Summer has arrived in the local-area and in my
hometown of Kewanee, IL


A few weeks ago before I drove endless miles in search of supercells and tornadoes I visited a local greenhouse nursery (Sunnyfield) near Galva, IL. I wanted to bring out my macro-lens and test out my photography skills to do some "summer" photography. It's not all about chasing and photographing storms. Heck, I'll photograph just about anything if I can find the time to do so. Anyhow, enjoy some of the photos I've posted using my Canon macro-lens below:

I bought this Canon macro-lens (60mm) a few years ago for
winter photography, but over the years I have found several uses

for this lens making it well worth the investment...

Quite possibly my favorite shot!
A colorful shot to say the least...
The fine-detail a macro-lens can bring out is why many
photographers purchase these lenses...

Nature at its best during the late spring/early summer!
More good stuff...just seemed everywhere
I looked provided a great photo-op...

Pick any color and you can find it
at this greenhouse nursery!

Annuals can produce some vivid colors at times...
Cool contrast here...
Pretty cool shot!
Yellow daisies...
Blue-bell is the common-term for this flowing plant...
Crazy assortment of colors!
This local greenhouse nursery really was worth the visit...
(They have just about everything here)
Many of these we have back in my hometown
in our backyard and they get
quite colorful
during the spring and summer...

Spectacular colors!
Yellow, umm...still not my favorite color though!
Now that's some orange...maybe too much!
More and more colors...
Shot of an annual...
Mother Nature confused on what color
she likes quite possibly?!

I'll wrap-up this post with this (spooky) cemetery shot...

I'll be posting more photography posts in the coming months so keep a look out for them. This post actually will be the last for my camera (Canon T1i). It's time for an upgrade! It did do me justice for the last 2-3 years though! With that being said after playing around with a more advanced DSLR at work I thought it was about time to move on to a better DSLR for my photography-needs. So I made the "large" investment and I'll be shooting now with a Canon 7D DSLR for years to come...