Friday, September 9, 2011

08/25/11 New Pet: Thunder


My new kitten: Thunder!

Over the last few weeks, I've had a new roommate in my apartment! After a few weeks of searching the local-area(s) animal shelters I found the right kitten for my busy life-style. I ended up finding this lil' guy on petfinder.com at a local shelter outside Peoria, IL about 20 minutes from my apartment near Edwards, IL. I ended up picking out this domestic gray/white short-hair male kitten. It was hard to make a decision with several amazing kittens to choose from, but he seemed like the right "fit" for myself. He was quite playful and a cute kitten so it made the decision to adopt him pretty easy. When I was informed his birthday was approximately May 18th of this year it all made perfect sense. After all, isn't May the month that usually coincides with the peak of the tornado season! Just sayin', throw it in their that I have a May birthday too. Hey, some things are just meant to be! Anyhow, after adopting this new kitten I ended up settling on the name Thunder since he's rather energetic pretty much leaving a thunderous destruction in his wake already in my apartment. A kitten will be a kitten right?! I had a decently large "name bank" to choose from, but settled on Thunder since it seemed to fit his personality. I'll save some of those other names for later in life to ponder I suppose. I shot most of the photos below with my Canon 7D and my 70-300mm Canon telephoto-zoom lens to capture the "action-shots". Kittens move quite fast so you better have some fast shutter speeds is all I got to say. Check out some of the photos I shot in my apartment below:

Playing hide-n-seek...
Lounging around...
He's a trouble-maker...
Close-up shot!
A kitten's version of a jungle gym...
Watching the sunrise...
A weather watcher already...go figure!
An aww moment...
Sun tanning...
He's definitely a playful kitten
I'm bout to get "pounched"...
Enjoying the cool hard-wood floor on
a summer afternoon...

He has a tunnel too. Yes, he's kind of spoiled!
Sharpin' those claws!
Goof ball!!
Another huskie fan?
Kittens are quite photogenic, but sometimes
hard to keep up with...
Upside down!
One of my favorite shots over the last few weeks...
Rollin' around...
Another favorite...
He actually does play fetch...funny as hell!
More playing...I swear he has more energy
than I do anymore...

He's probably wondering why I'm
taking these photos?!

Playing with a motorized mouse...
Hanging out...
Deep in-thought!
For a kitten he's getting big already...

More relaxin'...
That toy ball is bout to get owned!
Nice to have a camera to capture action-shots I tell ya!
After a hour of playin' around he has
had enough here...

Playin' with his toy mouse...

That will just about wrap up this post. It is sure nice to have some company around here from time to time with my new kitten. Always being career-oriented in life can have some negatives. Sooner or later that will change and I'll be more focused on other aspects of life. For the time being, I can't complain. Stay tuned for another post here shortly...