Friday, September 9, 2011

09/08/11 A Taste of Fall

Double rainbow providing a picturesque
fall preview in Peoria, IL

Yesterday, some rain showers rolled into Peoria, IL shortly after 6:00pm from the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee providing some early-fall photography opportunities. I grabbed the camera bag and got out the door pretty quick as a spectacular double rainbow could be seen looking northeast out of my apartment window. I ended up on the northeast-side of the apartment complex which is nestled in on the west-side of Peoria, IL. I managed to get some excellent photos of this double rainbow that lasted nearly 2o minutes as the late-evening sun-angle cooperated quite nicely creating some beautiful colors. Frankly, yesterday's sunset was amazing around here if you didn't mind a few raindrops. I actually shot some other photos earlier in the day as well near a local pond 5-minutes from the apartment complex as well and I've posted some of those photos below as well. Looking back I think this may be one of the only rainbows I got the privilege to photograph this year. I guess I didn't have many chances to find a pot-of-gold this year for some particular reason. Odd, oh well! I've added photos from yesterday below:

The fall harvest is set to begin...
Double rainbow as a backdrop to the
ready-to-harvest farm fields here...

I told ya...a simply amazing sunset!
A photographers dream when it comes to
"lighting" seen here...

Beautiful September landscape with the
rainbow as the backdrop...

A shot earlier in the day of a fountain in the area
Sunflowers galore in the field across
from the apartments...
My 2011 Ford Escape "under-the-lights"...
I took this shot since it's quite appropriate with the
9/11
10-year anniversary a couple days away...
Sunset last night at the Apartments of Grand Prairie
A local fountain creating its very own rainbow!
Dive-in for that pot-of-gold!

Now that's a bright rainbow. Impossible to miss!
One of those "golden" sunsets!
A swan enjoying the early fall weather...
Another beautiful wide-angle shot!
Another shot of my Ford Escape...
Just a spectacular double rainbow!
Fountain on the west-side of Peoria, IL
Wide-angle shot of the rainbow stretching across this pond
One last photo of the rainbow as its
vibrant colors begin to diminish
...
Fall foliage already has begun...(background)
Dramatic fall sunset...
A nature shot here...most of the flowers and plants will
be gone in the next few months unfortunately...

Close-up shot of our nation's colors....
The swan yet again...
A sunrise a few days ago...(looking east)
One last photo of the photogenic swan
in this local pond...

Stay tuned for some fall photography in the coming weeks once when the leaves begin to show off their colors. I have some destinations I plan to visit in the local-area and I'm planning on posting those photos over the next few weeks for my fall collection. Until then...