Friday, October 21, 2011

10/01/11 Fall Foliage at Midnight

Fall foliage and streaming traffic in Peoria, IL

A couple of weeks ago after work I spent a hour or so doing some photography around midnight on a chilly October night. I set up shop on the west-side of Peoria, IL where I scoped out a couple of decent locations during that previous week for fall foliage. I had the idea of doing some low-light photography with the peaking fall foliage in the area hoping to capture some interesting colors "under-the-lights". I was pretty happy with most of the results and I posted a few of my favorite photos from the night below:

Peoria city lights illuminating beautiful fall foliage...
Good shot, but with some streaming traffic
it could be better...

That is more like it!Animated .gif of a couple of my stills...(above)
Another cool long exposure here and
I was freezing my
butt off at this point...
One last photo of the fall foliage under starry skies...

I'll be posting a rather large post in the coming days with my fall foliage collection from this fall. Most of the colors here in Peoria peaked about a week or two ago if you were wondering. Stay tuned for that post.