Sunday, October 30, 2011

10/28/11 Fall Foliage: 2011 Part II

Spectacular fall foliage here in Peoria, IL as the
fall colors have now peaked in this area...

Over the last few days I've shot another good handful of photos of the peaked fall foliage in Peoria, IL and Kewanee, IL. I actually had the pleasure to use my new camera lens in this bunch as well. I like my Sigma 10-20mm lens, but I'm finding I like my Canon 10-22mm wide-angle lens better! That should be a lens I'll use much more next spring. Anyhow, I posted another wide-assortment of photos I've shot in the past few days adding more to my 2011 fall collection. My photos from the past few days I've posted below:

Stunning fall colors here!
A nice scenic route here on the west-side of Peoria, IL
My 2011 Ford Escape providing a cool fall reflection
(almost looks like a mirrored image of some kind)...

Golden trees here reaching vertically
in the deep-blue sky
...
A low sun-angle portrait-shot that allows an
orange tree to become a red tree...

This might be my favorite shot of this bunch!
A red maple (macro-lens)
Talk about a wide-assortment of colors...
My chase vehicle got a car wash and
is taking part in a photo-shoot...

Another interesting fall perspective here!
Beautiful colors yet again...
I guess I need a "shot" too right?
Fall colors galore!
Geese enjoying a swim (foreground)
with a fall reflection (background)...

The sun comes up here illuminating these fall colors...
Another rather cool fall portrait-shot!
Reds beginning to turn brown...
A rather stunning yellow maple!
More fall winding roads...
Another fall photo of the chase vehicle...
The fall scenes that come along can be quite a sight!
Early morning low sun-angle helping
this red maple "pop"...

More good stuff! (macro-lens)
I'm pretty good at car washes anymore! She doesn't look like
she has nearly 15,000 miles already...just sayin'

Another awesome fall view...(wide-angle)
A stellar portrait-shot! (macro-lens)
Cemetery's are always a good spot
to find some fall foliage

This hill actually provided a pretty cool photo-op!
Yellow maple (macro-lens)
Another wide-array of colors present here...
A red maple in this wooded-area...
What is around the bend?...
One of those shots you are instantly happy
with when you see it appear on your camera's LCD...

Cirrus clouds (above) trying to mimic the
Aurora Borealis about a week ago...

Another close-up fall photo...(macro-lens)
Yet another beautiful shot!
More and more fall colors...
This view would make me get up early and
walk/jog on a fall morning...

Another stunning yellow maple...(macro-lens)
Fall colors are present everywhere
you look in this cemetery...

Love this shot!
Another variety of colors!
Red maples providing an interesting
perspective shot
...

That will end this post. Like I said I couldn't pass up a few more photo opportunities in the past few days to let some of the scenes above pass by. For the weather enthusiasts out there I'm keeping an eye on a storm system around next weekend that could be interesting for the Southern Plains and Midwest. The GFS model has been fairly consistent in developing a strong mid-latitude cyclone in that time frame. After that it looks like winter will soon be knockin' on the door in the Midwest...