Sunday, February 24, 2013

02/02/13 Winter Portraits in the Park

Portrait shot with my girlfriend earlier this month...

Earlier this month, my girlfriend and I took a stroll though a park dodging some snowflakes on a February evening. We ended up getting a few shots of the two of us while taking in the winter scenes throughout the park. Rarely do I ever get a chance to shoot some portraits so this was fun to do especially for the two of us. It can be quite challenging though to get into position while the self-timer beeps away before the photo is taken. I can see why many choose to hire a photographer in that case. In this case however, we both were quite happy with the results. Photography is a passion we share as well as meteorology and we are also both Northern Illinois graduates. Anyhow, I've added a few of our favorites below:

A beautiful shot here...
Maybe my favorite?
I really like this one as well!
Decided to convert this one to classic black n' white...
A nice shot to end on...

I'll be adding more posts in the coming months as we are getting closer and closer to spring. I did manage to shoot some photos last week of some snowfall that finally occurred in my area. Stay tuned for that post as well.