Monday, February 11, 2013

01/24/13 Standing Outside the Fire

Photographing some flames from a fireplace
during a visit to my hometown last month...

Last month, I didn't have much time to get-around to some photography to my dismay. With that being said, I did "play with some fire" so to speak to pass some time last month during my busy schedule. I wanted to shoot some photos outdoors on a few occasions, but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate so I decided to stay inside during these particular nights. I also ended up shooting some similar photos last year as well. Below is a result of the evening(s) spent indoors as I've added a few photos below:


I caught fire....
Still pretty "cool"!
A fireplace will always get you through
 some winter doldrums!
Playing with fire...
 One of my favorites!

It has been a pretty boring winter much like the previous year as we haven't had what I would call a "decent" winter storm in what seems like 2 years now in central Illinois near Peoria, IL. I'm completely jealous to all who have had a snowy winter up to this point. I would love to have a crippling winter storm and/or ice storm to photograph right about now. The good news is that we have had a good amount of precipitation (rain) this winter to offset some of the drought conditions from this past summer. Many areas out west are still extremely dry in the Great Plains which I'm sure may have an effect on the spring chase season that will some be amongst us. I'm starting to already get the "itch" to chase some severe thunderstorms. That's when I know it's getting closer and closer to spring...