Tuesday, February 14, 2012

01/13/12 Fire & Electricity...

Logs on an open fire on a January
evening in Kewanee, IL

Last month, I shot some photos of our fireplace back home in Kewanee, IL on a chilly January evening. I shot some similar shots back in 2008 I believe, but at that time I had a Canon T1i that I was shooting with. Since I have a far more advanced DSLR camera nowadays (Canon EOS 7D) I decided to take another crack at it and "play with fire" and electricity for a bit. I've posted a few photos from this particular evening below:

Electricity...(I bought this electrical device
quite awhile ago never really knowing it
would provide
some interesting photos)...
More fire...
This device has a weird design, but simulates
lightning that changes color...
Pretty cool if you are a weather nerd!
Amazing the detail on this
fireplace (artificial)...

Portrait-shot of the lightning
electrical device!
Good stuff...
When I shot this one I couldn't help but think
of this quote
"don't cross the streams"--Ghostbusters
One more shot as the flames try their best
to mimic the Aurora Borealis...

That's all I've got for this post. I'll be posting again soon with some photos I've shot over the last couple of weeks. Stay tuned.