Monday, February 27, 2012

02/21/12 A Vivid February Sunset

The beginning of a spectacular sunset on the
evening of February 21st outside Kewanee, IL

On the evening of February 21st, I ventured back to my hometown of Kewanee, IL for a couple of days. I managed to get some photography-in over those couple of days mostly shooting at sunset. On that evening, I used heavily by Canon (10-22mm) wide-angle lens and Canon (70-300mm) telephoto-zoom lens to capture some stellar shots at sunset. It ended up being another successful evening for some photography for myself. I've added some of my favorite shots from that particular evening below:

This sunset ended up being quite vibrant!
Our pasture always tend to provide a good photo-op
just about every time I visit this location...
Sun angle beginning to get lower in the sky...
Interesting shot using the sun to
"break through"
the broken tree-line!
Another landscape shot here...
Portrait-shot!
One more shot here before I switch locations...
Another wide-angle shot!
I used this tree for many of the photos I shot
on this evening...
A lot of times it's as simple as using the sun's
position to enhance a photo!
Wide-angle shot!
One of the several personal favorites from this evening...
A spectacular portrait-shot here!
The sun setting on this Illinois landscape!
Talk about a magnificent sunset!
Cirrus providing some beautiful colors...
Wide-assortment of colors from
Mother Nature on this evening!
Beautiful!
Quite possibly my favorite photo
of the bunch right here!
Another personal favorite!
One more shot of the brushstroke colorful
cirrus clouds in the western skies...
The next morning I woke up to "half-dollar"
wet snowflakes...Winter's last gasp?!

On this particular evening I ended up very pleased as I was able to capture some beautiful colors in the sky as if you were looking at a colorful painting in the western horizon. It was worth the time and effort to capture some of the images I was able to capture. I'll be posting another post shortly. Stay tuned for that...