Wednesday, February 15, 2012

02/01/12 Cloudscapes: Altocumulus

An altocumulus cloud deck passes
overhead outside Peoria, IL

On February 1st, I shot some photos during the evening on my day-off from work as an altocumulus cloud-deck moved overhead. Sometimes these clouds can provide some spectacular photos depending on the sun angle and your location of course. I ended up scoping out a nice location only a few minutes from my apartment hoping for a few "decent" shots as the sun began to set on this particular evening. This is where I shot a few photos outside my place of employment on the northwest-side of Peoria, IL along U.S. 150. This location proved to be a good "spot" as the altocumulus clouds moved directly overhead a huge American flag blowing in the breeze. Add the low sun angle and I was quite happy with the "few" shots I was able to get. I've added a few photos from the evening below:

Beautiful colors here...
(had me thinking of spring for a
sec. and mammatus clouds)

Another good one! I positioned the sun
directly behind the
flag pole to
"illuminate" the photo a bit...

Another wide-angle shot of this
beautiful display and landscape...

That all but wraps up this post as well. I shot some more photos last week as well so stay tuned for those as I've been getting back into some photography on my down-time over the last few weeks...