Thursday, September 12, 2013

08/17/13 Nature & Summer Wildlife

A butterfly pollinating on a summer morning outside Peoria, IL

Last month, I was able to capture some wildlife and nature shots from the summer season. In Kewanee, IL, I shot a hawk that was a frequent visitor at my parent's farm outside Kewanee, IL this summer. I was also able to capture some stunning photos of butterflies as well this summer after visiting Jubilee College State Park west of Peoria, IL on a couple of occasions. I've added photos from these successful days of photography below:

A hawk in-flight and some fun with layers
and tones in Photoshop...
 (Canon 70-300mm telephoto-zoom lens)
 Beautiful arrangement of colors on this one!
Nature doesn't get much closer than this!
Another shot of the picturesque butterfly...
Hawk in-flight with a sepia tone!
Another cool perspective...
Showing off its long wingspan...
One of my best shots!
Hide-n-seek with my camera?!
Another close-up of the hawk!
Nature at its best!
This hawk kept flying near the sun which led me to come
up with some ideas with Photoshop tones that made a boring
picture much more interesting...
Another good one!
A nice pose here...unfortunately I couldn't get the sun to
cooperate on this day (stuck behind high clouds)
as this could of been a much better shot with
the sun and a blue-sky backdrop...
If you look close a bumble bee made it into this shot...(right)
Another sepia tone...
One last photo to end on as both this butterfly and
bumble bee enjoys some nectar together...

That ends this post. I'll be doing some more photography over the next couple months with fall foliage as usual. Stay tuned for future posts.