Wednesday, May 13, 2015

05/02/15 Glen Oak Park Zoo: Peoria, IL

A Bengal tiger relaxing on a tranquil spring morning at Glen Oak Park Zoo in Peoria, IL

On May 2nd, I visited Glen Oak Park Zoo in Peoria, IL in hope to capture some worthy photos of the animals on a beautiful spring day. I spent most of the day in the park photographing the animals with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.0-5.6 II L IS lens. This was my first time using this particular lens at a zoo after purchasing it a couple months ago. I was very pleased with the results especially shooting through fences. It did an amazing job! I actually visited this zoo last summer as well seen here. Anyhow, I've posted several great images of the animals I photographed during the day below:

 A mandrill striking a pose!
 "Sleeping giant"
"Peak-a-boo"
One of two giraffes
An antelope grazing!
"Be afraid, very afraid"
 I was quite pleased with this shot!
A sea lion taking a swim...
One of my favorites of the zebras!
One of the tigers lounging around again...
The mandrill grabbing a snack...
"The men who stare at goats"
A close-up of the Bengal tiger!
"Love at first sight"
A male lion
A colobus monkey!
Another giraffe shot!
A rhino you don't want to mess with...
A female lion!
"Bout to pounce"
Another goat relaxing...
The male lion once again...
Another favorite!
 A peacock
 A fairly large toad
 The giraffes were definitely out-n'-about...
 Beautiful!
 A wider angle of the female lion...
 "Eye contact"
 One last photo from the day...

This was a very successful day of photography as the animals definitely enjoyed the amazing spring weather which allowed me to capture some great shots. On May 3rd I visited another local zoo and I'll feature photos from that day in another upcoming post.