Thursday, May 7, 2015

05/02/15 Spring: 2015

Spring blooms at a local nursery in Peoria, IL

Earlier this month, I shot some photos at Hoerr Nursery in Peoria, IL as the trees and plants began to show signs of spring. Every year I try my best to capture some great spring colors and scenes locally on my down time. This year I once again was quite happy with the photos I shot with my Canon DSLR cameras. I've featured a good handful of some of my favorites from my spring: 2015 collection below:

Blue is one of my favorite colors!
Tulips!
A wide assortment of marigolds!
A personal favorite!
A golden-hour shot of an apricot tree
A flowering crabapple tree
Stunning detail!
A well-framed hibiscus shot!
Incredible!
I really like the angle of the blurred background in this shot...
More good stuff...
The beauty of Mother Nature combined with a macro-lens can produce great results!
The colors and lighting were great in this greenhouse!
Cirrus clouds made for an interesting background for this photo...
Another close-up macro shot!
Another stunning close-up!
Vivid colors here!
Trees in bloom after a spring shower...
Another neat shot!
An interesting plant...
Gotta love the spring colors Mother Nature provides...
Another hibiscus plant!
"Spring emerges"
I'm not one who especially likes the color yellow, but I do like this shot however!
"Spring blooms"
Another favorite!
A lion statue with spring colors in the background!
A whole lot of red in this one...
A close-up of a crabapple tree!
Stunning!
More tulips...a sure sign of spring!
Spring emerges in this greenhouse!

After finishing up my spring: 2015 collection I visited a couple of local zoos in the local area this past weekend as well and I'll post photos from those two days at a later date.