Tuesday, June 30, 2015

05/31/15 Spring Wildlife

A red-headed woodpecker enjoying a spring afternoon in Edwards, IL

Over the spring months, I ventured out and about near Edwards, IL to shoot some more wildlife photos with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.0-5.6 II L IS telephoto-zoom lens. Several of the birds I photographed I've seen earlier this year during the winter months, but I also was able to capture some new "visitors" including some Baltimore orioles, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and American goldfinches as well. I've added some photos of the birds I photographed in the last few months below:

 This cardinal is a frequent visitor!
An American gold-finch
A male Baltimore oriole enjoying some grape jelly
I've captured several good photos of red-headed woodpeckers this year!
 The female Baltimore oriole about to take-off...
 Another neat shot!
 A shot of a rose-breasted grosbeak
 Love the blurred background!
 Another close-up of a cardinal...
 An American goldfinch enjoying a snack...

That wraps up this post. Stay tuned for more posts as I venture out more outdoors over the summer months...