Thursday, November 26, 2015

10/18/15 Starved Rock & Matthiessen State Park Fall Foliage: 2015

Fall foliage peaks at Matthiessen State Park on an October morning near Oglesby, IL 

Last month, I spent most of the month purchasing and moving into my first house, but I also found some time for some fall photography as well. I ended up visiting and hiking at Starved Rock State Park and Matthiessen State Park near Oglesby, IL on a couple of occasions to capture some fall colors again this year. I've become a frequent visitor at these parks over the last few years especially during the fall season. These two parks do provide some great photography during the autumn months and throughout the year in central Illinois. As usual, I shot several landscapes and macro-shots showcasing the changing fall colors of autumn last month. I shot these photos with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 7D using several different Canon lenses as well. I've added a wide-assortment of photos from a couple days of photography at these parks below:

I came across this leaf in a puddle during one of my hikes and it provide a nice photo-op!
 Trees peaking in color atop the canyon walls!
Amazing "golden" colors here...
Quite a fall perspective!
A nice fall photo-op using this colorful leaf and log along one of my hikes...
 "Blinded by the light"
 I love this bridge along River Trail at Starved Rock State Park
 Peak to past peak fall foliage along the Illinois River!
 Vibrant!
Edna's tree near the southeast entrance of Starved Rock!
Two fisherman at sunrise on a chilly October morning along the Illinois River in Lacon, IL
Fall colors peaking along the Illinois River!
 One of my favorites this year!
A fall self-portrait!
 This trail provided some spectacular fall foliage on this day...
 Quite a bit of fall colors are present here!
"Everybody get golden and put your hands up to the sky"
Some reds beginning to peak at Starved Rock!
Beautiful colors on this hike!
More peaking fall foliage...
This rock provided a great prop for a fall photo!
 A red maple
"Through the woods, we ran deep into the mountain sound"
A photogenic bench along a trail...
"Fall reaching to the sky"
My favorite bridge!
Mother Nature providing woods of gold...
Autumn begins...
Another fall portrait!
If you haven't guessed it already I like to photograph bridges...
I observed my fair share of yellow maple trees along my hike!
A morning fall reflection at Matthiessen Lake
A frosty morning along the Illinois River!
I'm a big fan of this shot!
Quite an epic staircase...
"Changing colors"
I shot a photo of this bridge last year, but this time the sun made an appearance...
A new season begins...
Love it!
Another shot of Edna's tree!
 A great day for hiking!
 Beautiful!
 A photogenic fall reflection!
 A red maple going "color crazy" during a very mild October afternoon...
 A variety of fall color!
Another morning hike...
"Water under the bridge"
A chilly fall morning, but it was well worth hiking and observing the fall colors on this day...
More fall colors filling up my camera's viewfinder...
One last shot as I call it a day at Starved Rock...

Overall, I was quite happy once again with many of my shots I took during my couple of days hiking at Starved Rock State Park and Matthiessen State Park. I also shot fall photos locally as well and I'll be posting my fall 2015 fall collection in the coming days.