Friday, March 18, 2016

03/04/16 Artistic

Trying my hand at some artistic photography earlier this month in Peoria, IL

On March 4th, I decided to do some product photography in hopes of getting some artistic photos. It's a category of photography I haven't spent too much time on over the years so I decided it was time to try something different. I had recently bought a light tent at work and I used it to photograph a few decorative bowls that I have in my house. The spiraling nature of these items intrigued my eye enough that I thought I could get a few neat photos out of them. I ended up using my camera's flash while setting them up in my light tent and started shooting. I was quite pleased with the results as they really are quite pleasing to the eye and give an abstract kind of feel in the photos. I've added photos from the day below:

"Spiraling"
 Quite cool!
 Love the colors!
 My favorite!
 "Swirling"
 "In a galaxy far, far away!"
 Captivating to the eye...
The weather nerd in myself can see a hurricane in there...
The light tent and the swirling lines in these bowls really made for some neat photography!
These shots kind of have a desktop wallpaper kind of look...
Quite photogenic!
"Whirlpool"
Cool stuff!

That wraps up this post. I had a fun time playing around with certain angles to achieve some of these artistic shots. I also ended up storm chasing on March 15th and I'll add some photos from that local chase as soon as I find some free time over the coming week or so.