Monday, July 10, 2017

06/09/17 Horseshoe Bend

The sun begins to rise at Horseshoe Bend outside Page, AZ

On June 9th, I finished up some photography at Horseshoe Bend outside Page, AZ. This is where the Colorado River makes a bend in the shape of a horseshoe. It's quite a unique place to photograph and after doing lots of research beforehand I decided that I would wake up very early before sunrise to photograph this location. It was well worth it on a couple occasions  over two days as I was able to achieve some visually pleasing shots of Horseshoe Bend with consistent lighting conditions. I captured these photos with my Canon 5D Mark III and my Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 II L lens. I was kind of surprised even at sunrise just how few people were present shooting photos. I guess most are not as willing and crazy as I am to head out the door before sunrise. Anyhow, I've added several images below that I shot from a few morning shoots and an afternoon shoot as well below:

"Tranquility and serenity"
On my way to Arizona I visited another new state...
En-route to Arizona!
 Wide-angle view!
One of my favorites!
 "Black n' white perfection"
 "Blue-hour"
 "First light"
 A wide-angle black n' white!
 "The light that comes through"
 "When your destination is unknown you never know what may be around the bend so keep exploring and keep your eyes open"
 A close-up!
Mid-afternoon shot!
Closer-view!
The sun begins to light up the canyon walls at Horseshoe Bend!
Love this one!
 "Destination unknown"
Another great wide-angle shot!

That will end this post. Horseshoe Bend was another great place to visit and to have the opportunity to photograph. On June 10th, I headed northeast to Monument Valley for a couple days of photography as well. I'll have another post from those couple of days of photography in the coming days as well.