Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12/09/08 A Snowy End to a Fall Semester

Winter campus view from atop the parking garage

Well folks we dodged a bullet...well sort of. Wisconsin ended up with 10" of the white stuff from a major winter storm today. I guess you could say we missed the main coarse, but ended up with the dessert instead. Thanks to some upward vertical motion i.e. -ω this afternoon and evening we ended up with around 3" of snow. We missed the 'main event' being the heavy snow last night. After a night full of flooding rains with near 1 inch of rainfall we changed that to sleet around midday. Finally, the column cooled enough to allow the sleet to change over to snow around 2pm this afternoon and the snow finally shut off around 9pm this evening.

Altgeld Hall the most photogenic building on campus
Davis Hall with the fresh 3" of snow
Another view atop the parking garage looking toward Davis Hall and Normal Rd...(I really wish I thought of this type of view when I took my fall images, but eh oh well)
Another typical winter scene on campus
Nice view behind Davis Hall
Amazing!
Another view behind Davis Hall looking toward Altgeld Hall

That's about it for now...I don't think I'll get back out tomorrow morning with 2 finals to keep me busy, but if I do I'll be sure to post again.