Sunday, December 25, 2011

12/24/11 Starry Skies & Star Trails: Part II


Star trails on a cold clear night
outside Kewanee, IL

Christmas Eve (last night), I ventured outdoors at my family's residence in rural-Stark County, IL outside Kewanee, IL in hopes to do some star trail photography. It was nearly a perfect night for photographing some star trails to my liking. After sunset the cold crisp night took over and without any moonlight it was as simple as choose a location that would be a good photo-op and get the tripod set up. All of the shots I've added in this post were long exposures (about 30 minutes) with my Canon EOS 7D. I froze my butt off, but hey it was worth it! I've posted a few photos from last night below:

A short exposure here...
You may remember this location
here
Another favorite!
Looking south toward Peoria, IL, but
no sign of Santa and his nine reindeer..
.

I wish I could of stayed up longer last night, but the next day was the Christmas holiday so my time was once again limited last night. I'm planning on a few more posts in the coming weeks so stay tuned for those...