Wednesday, December 21, 2011

11/23/11 Dense Fog: Peoria, IL

Dense fog invades the northwest-side
of Peoria, IL
on November 23...

About a month ago before heading to my hometown of Kewanee, IL for the Thanksgiving holiday I captured some photos of some dense fog that was starting to burn-off here in Peoria, IL. You had to be up early to notice the dense fog in this area on this day and before I headed off to work I pulled out my Canon EOS 7D to take some photos near the apartment complex. I've uploaded a few photos from the foggy landscape on this day below:

Kind of a fish-eye effect here...as you can clearly see
the fog starting to burn-off at sunrise...cool shot!

Evergreen tree in the foreground with the fog
burning-off in the background

Lingering low-level fog along the horizon...
This pond has been a frequent hot-spot locally
for me for photography-purposes including
this past fall...

(You may remember this location here)

A tad ghostly if you ask me...
Interesting shot here as the low-level winds
start to mix out the fog as well...

Portrait shot of the ghostly pond on this morning...
One more of the pond...
Blue-skies to dense fog...Mother Nature
can be quite extreme...

Another foggy landscape shot!
More dense fog...
Last shot before it I was off to work on this day...

That's all for now, but stay tuned for another post in the coming weeks as I find some free-time for some local photography after the Christmas holiday. Stay tuned.