Saturday, February 8, 2014

10/13/13 Northern Illinois University Fall Foliage: 2013

Fall foliage in October beginning to show itself on campus at
Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, IL

A few months ago, I was quite busy photographing fall scenes at various locations locally and within a few hours of Peoria, IL. I always enjoy that particular time of the year as you usually can find some beautiful autumn scenes near the end of the growing season. On this day, I revisited Northern Illinois University to snap some fall shots and portraits during the morning and attend the football game on campus in the afternoon. It had been quite some time since I last visited up to this point. It was nice to enjoy the day on campus where I graduated college and see the changes on campus. I've added a few photos I shot with Vicky while we were walking around on campus during the morning below:

Davis Hall (looking west)
Leaves beginning to change...
I spent much of my college days attending class in this building...
 Signs of fall!
The lagoon on campus!
A morning reflection on the lagoon...
 A nice vibrant fall scene! (Davis Hall)
 A rather dark scene with rain moving-in...
Fountain near the center of campus...
 Davis Hall once again...
I was a little early for "peak" fall colors on this day, but I
would do much better over the next few weeks at other locations...
 "An autumn walk on campus"

That ends this quick post. I'll be posting another post with some portraits shot on this day shortly. More fall photography to come in later posts as I visited some new locations over the last few months as I finally have been getting caught up on here after a rather long "blogging hiatus"...