Saturday, February 15, 2014

10/21/13 East Peoria, IL: Riverfront Park

The Peoria, IL riverfront and the I-74 bridge looking west from East Peoria, IL

On this early morning, I ventured out to East Peoria, IL to photograph the Peoria, IL skyline along the Illinois River. Since I had a few days of jury duty downtown I made the best of my time and spent the early morning before sunrise at East Peoria Riverfront Park. I usually hate going downtown, but it was sure nice to have the park to myself at this time of the night to setup shots along the Illinois River. I would later spend a few "early" mornings during this particular week polishing a few shots to my liking. I've added my favorites below:

A wide-angle exposure to get some nice light reflections
off the Illinois River! (Canon 10-22mm wide-angle lens)
 Another favorite from the early morning!
I had this neat idea to use the I-74 bridge and the skyline in
one shot and I was quite happy with the results!
 Another awesome wide-angle of the skyline...
Not as much exposure in this shot along the riverfront...
A shorter exposure here too...
A deserted park at 4:00am!
 Another short exposure here along the riverfront...
One more shot before I head downtown on a cold
early fall morning before sunrise!

That's all for now. I'm still working on finishing my 2013 fall collection in an upcoming post. Stay tuned for that along with a surprise storm chase in November that I'll be posting as well.