Monday, May 26, 2014

04/21/14 Spring Sunsets

A farmer tills this farm field preparing for planting as the sun begins to set southeast of Kewanee, IL

Last month, I shot a few sunsets in my hometown of Kewanee, IL on my down time. Over the last couple of months I've been very busy as of late in terms of photography, but not so much in terms of storm chasing. I have chased a few local setups over the last few weeks, but still have yet to make the trip to the Great Plains. Put simply, I've turned down some decent marginal chase days in the Western High Plains over the last week or two to hold out for June. Hopefully, this pays off but I'm not getting too optimistic yet. Only time will tell. Anyhow, I'm just now starting to get caught up on posts over the last month or two. I've added a few sunset shots I shot last month below:

A rather peaceful spring sunset!
"Farming at sunset"
"Spring green"
Beautiful sunset in the western horizon!
The setting sun peaking through these evergreen trees...
A lighthouse and the colorful sunset!
"Dusty sunset"
Some nice contrast!
Evergreen trees and picturesque colors...
I ended up getting covered in dust after taking this shot...

That's all for this post. I still have a good "chunk" of posts I'm currently working on and I'll be catching up on them asap over the next week. Stay tuned.