Sunday, July 6, 2014

07/03/14 Wyoming, IL Fireworks

 July 3rd firework display at dusk in Wyoming, IL

On July 3rd, I photographed a firework display in Wyoming, IL to begin the holiday weekend. The fireworks were shot off at Gary Johnson's Field (formerly Rebels Field) which is home to the Stark County Rebels football team. The show began at 9:30pm and I had already set up my camera-gear and tripod at that point. This year I shot the fireworks using my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L lens which was a first since purchasing that camera last fall and the lens this spring. Fireworks are always fun to photograph and I "try" every year to attend at least one event during the 4th of July festivities. I've added some of my photos I shot of the firework display below:

 Dusk and fireworks!
 I found a decent spot to enjoy the show that wasn't too far from the action!
 A classic firework and one of my favorites!
 The show just starting to get going...
 "Up, up, and away"
 An interesting shot at dusk!
 Love the colors!
 A traditional shot!
 Another favorite!
 "Kaboom"
 Another neat shot!
 A favorite from the night!
 Another nice close-up!
 "A firework filling up my lens"
 Another nice arrangement...
 "Red, white & boom"
 "The beginning to the end"
 "Grand finale"

I also attended a firework display in Galva, IL on July 4th and I'll update with more photos from that particular event at a later date as well.