Monday, July 7, 2014

07/04/14 4th of July Fireworks: Galva, IL

 The 4th of July firework display begins at dusk on this evening in Galva, IL

On July 4th, I shot another firework display, but this time I attended the celebration (Galva Freedom Fest) in Galva, IL. For a small town Galva, IL tends to put on a good show every July 4th. The fireworks were shot off at the Galva Park District at dusk. By 9:30pm, I had my Canon 5D Mark III, Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L lens, and tripod already set-up to photograph the show. Here's a cool article illustrating the making of a firework and how specific compounds create the colors we see light-up the sky seen here. I've added photos I shot from this particular firework show below:

 "A crowd favorite"
 "Colors at dusk"
 Multi-color arrangement!
 "Sparks fly"
 "Ignite"
 "Bursting with color"
 "Reach for the sky"
 "I'm counting on Red, White, and Blue"
 "A shot across the sky"
 More firework fun!
 The grand finale begins....
 "Boom, boom, boom"
 "I still got a shot in the dark"
 A favorite!
 A quite colorful ending to the show...
 "The end of the celebration"

That concludes this post. If I find some more down time I'll be sure to find some more places or events to photograph over the summer months. Until then...