Saturday, October 25, 2014

10/08/14 Lunar Eclipse

A blood moon as a lunar eclipse occurs on October 8th near dawn in Peoria, IL

On October 8th, I shot a few shots of the 2nd lunar eclipse of 2014 in Peoria, IL. We also had a lunar eclipse back in April seen here. It was quite an early morning, but as always it was an interesting event to witness. I didn't take too many shots on this very early morning before sunrise since I was exhausted. I kept it quite simple shooting some close-up shots of the moon before heading back to sleep. With that being said,  I've added a few photos I shot with my Canon 5D Mark III along with my Canon EF 70-300mm f4.0-5.6 IS lens at my apartment below:

 The full moon about to get a little creepy looking...
 "Blood red"
 I was hoping to have already purchased an even longer telephoto-zoom lens for
this event, but financially that day will soon come...
 Getting closer to sunrise here so I called it a night and went back to sleep...

That's all for this quick post. I'll be adding some fall posts soon as well as I finally get caught up on some more photography posts. Stay tuned.