Thursday, October 23, 2014

09/26/14 Peoria, IL Riverfront

The Peoria, IL riverfront and the I-74 bridge looking west from East Peoria, IL

Last month, I ventured out on a late night to photograph the Peoria, IL riverfront along the Illinois River. Last year, I also photographed the riverfront as well seen here. On this night, I tried to get some even better shots of the riverfront using my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L lens. I spent a good couple of hours at East Peoria Riverfront Park finding several new angles to photograph the Peoria, IL skyline along the Illinois River. I was quite happy with my results this year as I was able to perfect a few shots that I had in mind. I've added some of my photos I shot on this night below:

Fall foliage and the Peoria, IL riverfront at night all-in-one shot!
The skyline once again along with the I-74 bridge...
The I-74 bridge looking quite photogenic at night!
River city emerges amidst the fall foliage at night...
 One of many favorites on this particular night!
 "Fall along the Illinois River"
 One more shot of the I-74 bridge!
 Another view of river city...
 One more shot at the park before I call it a night...

It was a long, but fun night of photography along the Illinois River. It's always nice to achieve great results after some careful planning as a photographer. I spent most of this month also photographing fall foliage in the local-area as well and I'll be adding more posts showcasing my fall foliage: 2014 collection in the coming days.