Sunday, September 20, 2015

08/02/15 Summer: Nature & Wildlife

A peacock enjoying a summer morning last month in Edwards, IL

Last month, I ventured out and about on a couple of occasions around the local-area to enjoy nature and capture some wildlife photos. I was quite happy as I ended up with a good assortment of photos as I explored a few parks nearby my apartment in Peoria, IL. I shot all of these photos with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 7D using my Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.0-5.6 II L IS telephoto-zoom lens and Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro lens. I've added quite a few nature and wildlife photos below:

Some goats enjoying a summer day...
A neat shot of another monarch butterfly!
This peacock at Wildlife Prairie Park in Edwards, IL gave me a great photo-op here!
A dragonfly "hanging out"
The peacock yet again...
A personal favorite!
The goats again...
Quite colorful!
Yet another monarch butterfly I photographed close-up...
Another dragonfly!
Quite a close-up!
Beautiful!
A great shot of another dragonfly!
You can't get much closer than this to wildlife...
"A landing"
"Stop & stare"
Stunning colors visible on this peacock!
One more shot of another dragonfly...

That wraps up this post. I was quite pleased to capture some neat shots of more wildlife around the local-area this summer. I'll be adding a summer: 2015 post in the coming days as summer has just about concluded and we now begin to head into the fall season.