Thursday, February 18, 2016

01/10/16 Winter Snowfall

A winter landscape after a snowfall on this morning in Peoria, IL

On January 9th, we received a few inches of snow across the local-area the previous night so I ventured out with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 7D the very next morning to snap a few photos of the freshly fallen snowfall. I ended up visiting and hiking at a few local parks near my house including Charter Oak Park, Sommer Park, and Jubilee College State Park.  I've added a few photos from the day of photography below:

"Winter clinging to the trees"
"Winter wonderland"
 A Christmas outdoor ornament covered in the new snowfall!
"Winter travels"
Old Man Winter showing off with some winter scenes!
"Are we out of the woods?"
A photogenic tree at this park...
"A winter coating"
Despite the below average snowfall thus far we still have had some photogenic winter snowfalls...
"Winter around every turn"
 This was a minor snowfall, but it snowed just enough for some winter photography for myself!
"A winter perspective"
It was cold on this morning, but nothing like previous winters as El Nino has really spoiled us this year!
More snow...
One way...
Or another...
A hiking trail at Charter Oak Park
"January morning"

That wraps up this post. I also shot some wildlife shots as well on January 11th and I'll add those photos to an upcoming post.