Sunday, February 21, 2016

01/11/16 Winter Wildlife

A blue jay enjoying a January afternoon in Edwards, IL 

On January 11th, I headed out into the great outdoors with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.0-5.6 II L IS telephoto-zoom lens to capture some wildlife photos in Edwards, IL. I had not photographed some wildlife in a good while so I figured I'd take a boring January afternoon to do so on this day. I was quite happy with several shots as I was able to capture some cardinals, blue jays, a red-bellied woodpecker, and a house finch. I shot several photos on this afternoon and I've included several of them below:

A cardinal perched in a tree!
 Quite a photogenic shot here!
 A red-bellied woodpecker!
From branch...
To branch...
A cardinal on a fence...
A blue jay's turn!
 Another neat shot as the blue jay's really cooperated on this day!
 Quite a vivid cardinal here!
 Shooting photos of wildlife sure does gives one something to do during the winter months!
 A house finch!
 Someone had a few too many peanuts...
 A mid-day snack!
 The cardinal once again...
 "Should I stay or should I go now"?!
 "Ready for take-off"
A female cardinal!
"Hanging out"
Another photogenic shot!
One last photo of another cardinal on this afternoon...
It was a good day for some wildlife photography!
"Hello, from the other-side!"
"Lunch-time"
One last shot to end the day on...

This was a good day of photography as I was able to capture some good shots of some of the winter wildlife in the area. I'll be sure to add more posts as needed in the upcoming months as spring approaches.