Thursday, September 27, 2012

09/17/12 A Few Foggy Mornings

The first signs of fall foliage on a foggy
September morning in Peoria, IL

Over the last couple of weeks there have been a few opportunities for myself to head outdoors to take in some fall photography. This post I've included a handful of shots from a couple of early fall mornings over the last couple of weeks that featured some valley fog that was dense in some areas. These scenes are pretty typical this time of the year as we often have cool nights and warm days during September and October. I've added some photos that I shot using the dense and/or valley fog to capture some landscapes recently below:

Just before sunrise can give you some
excellent low-light photography...
 A very foggy morning in Peoria, IL on 09/17/12...
 Valley fog in rural-Stark County, IL on 09/14/12...
 Valley fog burning off at this local wind farm in
rural Stark County, IL...
Fall colors amidst this ghostly cemetery!
A wind turbine poking through the fog...
 Dense fog and heavy dew will provide beautiful
scenes like this if a spider spins its web...
 Nearly symmetrical lily pads at a local park!
 A great morning to fish!
 Another early morning shot at my parent's house...
 Fog burning-off as I arrive at this wind farm!
 Ghostly fog at a cemetery tends to creep people out...
 Someone was busy overnight...
 Cirrus clouds as the sun comes up in the east!
 One of my favorite shots on this morning in Peoria, IL...
 The sun (right) trying to poke through the fog!
 More valley fog...
 Pretty cool to see the last of the fog burn-off
right before your eyes!
 Another favorite of the bunch!
Last one as I call it a morning...

That's all for now. I have another post I'm working on from last week that nearly provided me a fall "surprise" as I was storm chasing in central Illinois last Friday. Stay tuned for that later post.