Thursday, October 24, 2013

09/26/13 The Changing Seasons

A soybean field just before harvest time at a
local wind farm outside Camp Grove, IL

Last month, occasionally I found some instances where I picked up the camera and took some shots in my hometown of Kewanee, IL. I found one subject in specific to snap some photos of in my backyard. As I was wandering about I stumbled upon a praying mantis on one particular evening. I also took a few shots at a local wind farm outside Camp Grove, IL as the soybean fields began to dry out on an early-fall morning. It was one of the first signs illustrating the change in seasons last month. I've added a few photos below:

A praying mantis camouflaged along the lawn!
Wind farm and prairie grass...
Just about harvest time!
Another shot of the wind farm with the deep blue sky
on this morning as the backdrop...
Love the font!
A moth enjoying the last remaining days of summer...
Sunflowers!
"Preying predator"
A very interesting insect!
"On the move"
"On the hunt"
An "out of this world" insect!
Close-up of the "raptorial legs"...
Another cool shot here!

That wraps up this post. It has been a busy couple months in terms of photography and I'll be posting more posts from last month and this month in the coming days. Stay tuned for that.