Monday, March 24, 2014

01/08/14 Thunder's Photoshoot

Thunder, enjoying the warm indoors this past winter at my apartment in Peoria, IL

During this past winter, I was hard at work compiling some new photos of my cat Thunder at my apartment. All of these photos were shot with my Canon 5D Mark III I purchased late this past year. The more I use this camera the more impressed I am with its capabilities. I sure can't complain about how these photos turned out! It can be tough to photograph and specifically to set-up shots with pets. The best one(s) usually end up being quite random and shot on-the-fly so to speak. Anyhow, I've added my favorites I shot with my new camera over the last couple of months below:

He's such a photogenic cat!
Of course, he's a Oklahoma City Thunder fan along with myself!
He has grown-up so fast...
A well set-up shot with my Christmas tree in the background
creating a dramatic and colorful blurred background!
He loves watching and playing with snowflakes as they fall while looking
out the window and he sure had many of those opportunities during this winter...
"Curiosity"
A cute cat when he's not causing trouble...
Another well set-up shot, can you notice the blurred
tornado book cover in the background?
A tough shot to get...
Sun tanning!
Thunder, is still quite a playful cat for being a few years old now!
About to pounce...
Playing once again...
A nice close-up!
About to attack one of his cat toys...
Another neat shot!

Thunder, is definitely one photogenic cat. I'll be posting some more photos of some of our other pets I shot back home in another post in the coming days as well.