Monday, March 24, 2014

02/06/14 Winter Scenes & Wind Farms

A beautiful winter morning scene at a local wind farm outside Camp Grove, IL 

Over the last month, I finally had enough of the "cabin fever" that this brutal winter has caused. After another winter storm and yet another morning of sub-zero temperatures I decided it was time to find the will to venture out in sub-zero temperatures and grab some winter photos finally! It has been such a brutal winter I didn't even want to venture outside much of this winter even for photography. There's not much that keeps me from venturing outdoors, but Old Man Winter sure changed that this year. It was the snowiest winter on record in Peoria, IL and the 8th coldest on record. On that note, I've added a few photos as I "braved the elements" and shot some photos outside Peoria, IL of the winter scenes amidst the brutal cold below:

Fresh snow pack and deep blue skies...always a plus!
A cool winter scene in the middle of nowhere...
A majestic winter scene!
A frequent spot I visit for photography...
"Winter wind"
Snowplows busy on this particular morning and during this particular winter!
One of my favorite shots on this morning!
Some snow drifts...
A well set-up winter shot with a wind vane!
You've seen this bridge in past photos but not during the winter months...
Another snowy scene!
Some hefty snow accumulation here...
A cool winter perspective!
A winter portrait and evergreen trees...
Who doesn't like a white picket fence?!
Gotta love winter scenery!
Some good contrast here!
"Winter travels"
More winter scenery...
Another winter shot at the wind farm!
"Enter at your own risk"
A good shot illustrating an earlier heavy snow event...
Snow drifts and wind turbines!
Lots of icicles out there this winter...
Beautiful blue sky!
Lonesome tree and a winter landscape!
A small snow trail in the snow pack for a rabbit at my parent's house...
One more shot at the wind farm!
The snow depth was at 12" inches when I shot
this photo in February...good grief!

Hopefully, we are done with Old Man Winter for good! I'll be posting more in the coming months as spring severe weather begins across the Midwest as I get more and more accustomed to my new camera. Stay tuned.