Tuesday, August 4, 2015

07/22/15 Devils Tower

Photographing Devils Tower off WY Rt. 24 northeast of Carlile, WY 

On July 22nd, I ventured just northeast of Carlile, WY to photograph and observe Devils Tower. This monument has been always on my "bucket list" to explore and photograph. It was quite a beautiful morning for some hiking under deep-blue skies at Devils Tower. I spent a few hours photographing and doing some exploring at the monument before heading back into South Dakota to check out Mt. Rushmore later in the afternoon. I've added several photos I shot with my Canon DSLR cameras below:

 Entering the state of Wyoming...
 I'm just about at the monument at this point...
 A trail heading up toward Devils Tower...
Quite an interesting monument in the middle of nowhere...
I took several close-ups of Devils Tower as well!
Re-positioning to get some different angles...
 One of many prairie dogs runnin' about...
I thought this was a neat perspective shooting through these two trees!
 Quite a close-up...
 And another...
The prairie dogs didn't mind being photographed...
Another close-up!
A rolling hill next to Devils Tower...it was pretty cool on the drive to go though the elevation changes!
 Heading back east I find some decent locations to stop and photograph...
More awesome landscapes of Devils Tower...
Amazing!
Another prairie dog stopping by to say hello...
A sunflower field and prairie grass providing a photogenic landscape of Devils Tower!
A beautiful view looking "forever west"

I headed to Mt. Rushmore later during the afternoon on this day and I'll be updating with that post soon.