Thursday, August 6, 2015

07/22/15 Mt. Rushmore

Photographing Mt. Rushmore in the Black Hills of South Dakota near Keystone, SD

On July 22nd, I checked out Mt. Rushmore National Monument and spent the early afternoon photographing the monument. I visited this monument a few years ago as well, but I decided to head back during my summer vacation once again. It was a hot day in the Black Hills and while photographing the monument some typical upslope convection began to develop over the Black Hills. Once this occurred, I headed back east toward Wall, SD. I've added a few photos I shot of Mt. Rushmore with my Canon 5D Mark III below:

Entrance to the monument...
A traditional shot of the monument!
"Dead presidents"
That would be quite a climb...
One of my favorites without harsh shadows!
"Looking up to our former U.S. leaders"
A cool perspective!
A close-up!
A storm developing over the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore!
I took many of the traditional shots of course...
It's always neat to see this national monument!
Another neat perspective to end the day on...

That's all for this day. I ended up storm chasing on July 23rd and I'll update with that post very soon.