Monday, August 3, 2015

07/22/15 Badlands of South Dakota

Photographing the Badlands of South Dakota last month south of Wall, SD

Last month, I photographed the Badlands of South Dakota outside Wall, SD for a couple days on my summer vacation. Badlands National Park is one of my favorite destinations in the Northern Plains as it provides some beautiful landscapes and wildlife. I've visited this park on a couple different occasions over the past few years.  I've added several landscapes I shot with my Canon 5D Mark III as well as some wildlife photos I captured at Badlands National Park below:

Entering the park...
A bighorn sheep enjoying the hot summer day!
I got really low to achieve this angle for this landscape shot and it turned out quite well!
A beautiful landscape along SD Rt. 240!
I love this shot!
 I took a 5-minute helicopter ride to get this aerial view!
 A beautiful view!
 Another aerial shot!
 The bighorn sheep were definitely out n' about on this evening...
"Jump, then fall"
Gorgeous landscapes throughout the park!
A trail leading to a neat landscape shot!
More wildlife grazing the South Dakota prairies!
"Cliffhanger"
A colorful shot with the wildflowers throughout the park!
Such a neat shot with these bighorn sheep grazing and ewe!
Lot and lots of sunflowers could be found in the park...
Another aerial view of a small portion of the park!
 Stunning!
 I thought this was an interesting shot with the "crumbling" landscape...
 Another neat landscape!
I captured more wildlife on this visit to the park then in year's past...
The only brief thunderstorm in the park during my vacation...
 A sunflower adding to the landscape...
 Breathtaking views!
 A neat winding trail!
 A variety of colors in this landscape!
More sunflowers...
I took several shots at different times at this location...
A great couple days of photography at the park concludes...

It was fun hiking some trails and enjoying the mesmerizing landscapes found in this area as always.
I would also visit Devil's Tower and Mt. Rushmore as well on this trip during my vacation. I'll post those photos in the near future.