Monday, June 9, 2014

05/14/14 Spring: 2014

Spring showers bring May flowers as spring begins in Peoria, IL

Over the last month, I've visited several local nurseries in Peoria, IL and Kewanee, IL to capture some spring photos. This was the longest I've ever had to wait to get out and shoot spring photos due to the very harsh winter in this area. Everything seemed to bloom rather late this spring because of the early spring cold. Anyhow, every year I try to outdo myself when it comes to this type of photography. Last year's photos can be found here. This year, I'm once again quite happy with the large assortment I shot over the last month. All of these photos were shot with my Canon 5D Mark III and my Canon EOS 7D. I had so many to choose I couldn't post them all, but you'll find a rather large amount of my favorites below:

A nice blurred background with this flower blooming in the foreground!
A rather photogenic shot!
"Every rose has its thorn"
An awesome macro-shot!
Just seems to work with the background...
One of my favorite shots! Took a lot of positioning to get the right angle...
Butterflies love these flowers during the summer!
"Brighter than the sun"
"On the verge"
Beautiful macro-shot!
Will you accept this rose? Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Purple's really "pop" on a cloudy day!
I really like this shot with the wooden board background blurred...
It's amazing what Mother Nature can do!
"Rockin' Robin"
A random shot I came across...
Pansies in bloom!
I just about called it a day and then I stumbled upon this shot!
A cardinal waits for spring to arrive...
"Pretty in pink"
Some vibrant red flowers here...
An Iris plant!
A cool shot here after a spring shower...
Another photogenic rose!
"Spring on the farm"
Another neat macro-shot!
A macro-lens doing its job here!
And once again...
Another interesting macro-shot!
Another personal favorite!
A well-placed flower in the foreground...

The sun comes out providing another good photo here!
Playing once again with the background to get as many colors in the shot as possible and putting them in strategic portions of the photo....
Another macro-shot!
This particular plant seems to provide me with great photos each year!
One of my favorite shots!
One of the best hibiscus shots I ended up with this year!
Another rose with some interesting colors...
A wide assortment of color!
A great macro-shot with amazing color!
A rosebush!
A cardinal on our bird feeder!
My best Iris shot this year!
A bunch of flowers here...
I don't take many portrait shots, but I thought this one was worthy!
Now that's a lot of pink...
Another interesting angle on this particular shot!
The detail a macro-lens gives you is amazing!
A flower next to this fountain giving me some nice contrast!
One more hibiscus shot...
A neat perspective on this one...
Another cool shot!
Another robin enjoying the late-evening...
Petunias showing off some color!
I've shot many photos of this plant over the years...
A perspective portrait shot between these evergreen trees...
Another favorite shot from the bunch!
 Another rosebush...
"Spring green in the pasture"
Still one of my favorites!
One last shot of the Iris plant...
Another hot pink macro-shot!
A cool assortment seen here!
"Spring blooming"
Spring is always a fun time of the year for photography!
Annuals providing some vibrant color...
A daffodil on a spring morning...
Another macro-lens close-up!
Some odd and interesting plants!
One flower trying to separate itself from the rest!
More pink...
One last shot to end my spring: 2014 collection...


Well that will do it for my spring: 2014 collection. I would later do some night photography once again and some storm chasing over the next few weeks. I'll update with those posts at some point.