Sunday, July 5, 2015

06/14/15 Rainbow

A rainbow forms under the anvil of a weakening thunderstorm on this evening in Peoria, IL

On June 14th, I ventured out during the mid-evening to snap a few photos of a decaying thunderstorm that was moving into Peoria, IL. There wasn't any real concern for severe weather on this evening with very little wind shear present so I just shot a few photos with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon T5i of the convection as it developed to my west and moved east into Peoria, IL. These pulse thunderstorms sometimes can provide for a few decent photos once they develop and quickly collapse. I actually caught a pretty cool rainbow on an otherwise uneventful evening. Once the storm's had dissipated I quickly called it an evening. I've added a few photos I shot below:

Pulse-type convection to my south!
Looking east under the orphan anvil I catch this rainbow!
A wide-angle shot of the convection moving into Peoria, IL

That was all to report on this evening. I also ended up storm chasing on June 15th and I'll be updating with that post shortly.