Thursday, July 9, 2015

07/03/15 Wyoming, IL Fireworks

Photographing the firework display at dusk in Wyoming, IL

On July 3rd, I photographed the firework display at Gary Johnson's field in Wyoming, IL. I arrived fairly early on this evening hoping to gain close access to the firework show. I was quite happy to get a great spot to setup for the show. I usually try to attend this local event every year as in years past to get back into the swing of photographing fireworks before the larger 4th of July fireworks celebrations the very next evening. I ended up getting some great shots of this firework show as I got set up near a firetruck. The show started at 9:30pm and I was all ready to shoot by that time with my camera and tripod. Here is an article explaining the different color of fireworks we observe that light up the sky every year seen here. I've added a few photos I shot with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L lens on this evening below:

The show begins at dusk!
Smoke in the air due to fireworks and the Canadian wildfires as well...
One of my favorite shots with this firetruck!
A portrait-orientation shot!
I was quite pleased with this one...
"Bang"
Another neat shot!
Beautiful colors on this firework!
"Firefighters looking up at the show"
It's always fun to photograph fireworks when I have the opportunity!
"Raining fireworks"
Another neat explosion!
"Kaboom"
More good colors...
"Ignite the night"
"Make your colors burst"
Katy Perry would be proud since they obviously played that song...
The Grand Finale'
One more shot to end the night on...

That's all for this night of photography. I also attended and photographed the Kewanee, IL firework display as well on July 4th and I'll update with that post soon as well.